The window for submitting your candidacy for the WSCSS board has passed for the 2018 March Elections. However, please feel free to submit a statement to be on the 2019 ballot at any time. If you are passionate about the Social Studies, want to share your love of it with others, and want to work to improve the Social Studies for teachers and students in Washington, the WSCSS Board is where you belong!
Responsibilities of a WSCSS Board member would include:
- Attending three to four board meetings a year to plan our three annual conferences, organize advocacy and outreach in Olympia, and develop Social Studies resources for teachers to use across the state.
- Perform minor volunteer duties at our conferences
- Taking on a specific role for the Council that you are passionate about. We are currently most in need of someone to work our social media accounts and someone interested in connecting Social Studies teachers at the K8 level, teachers from outside the Central Puget Sound region, and teachers who are excited to develop an annual conference in the Yakima/Tricities region.
Benefits of being a WSCSS Board member include:
- Working with great people who care deeply about improving the Social Studies in Washington
- Reduced registration costs at WSCSS conferences
- The opportunity to apply for an WSCSS executive position, and represent Washington Social Studies teachers in Olympia, at the yearly NCSS conference, and in Washington D.C.
- The opportunity to improve Social Studies education across the state, not just in your classroom!
If you are interested in applying, please complete the short form below!
Thanks, from your fellow WSCSS Board members