Save the date for the 2018 WSCSS Fall Conference
October 13th at Lincoln High School in Tacoma!
The 2018 Fall Conference is coming up October 13th at Lincoln High School in Tacoma! Join educators from around Washington for a day of exploring resources, lessons, and inspiration on the theme of:
A New Frontier for Social Studies: Taking Action
- Social Studies teachers in Washington State are always looking for good ways to teach our students in a way that helps them take action – whether it’s in writing about events of the past, in playing a role in a game or simulation in the classroom, or in using their knowledge of civics to make change in their communities. This conference is designed to help teachers do just that!
- Choose from over 30 sessions and discussions
- Receive classroom-ready resources
- Interact with well-known speakers and educators
- Discover the latest teaching services and resources
- Have a great day exploring your favorite subject with coworkers
Submit a Proposal to teach a session at the Fall Conference
Are you someone with an awesome lesson, resource or opportunity that you would love to share with Washington Social Studies teachers? Please consider submitting a proposal to present at the 2018 Fall Conference. Proposals are accepted until August 10th, 2018
Location and Date
October 13th, 2018 8AM-2PM
Lincoln High School
701 S 37th St
Tacoma, WA 98418
Attendee Registration - OPENING IN AUGUST
The annual Washington State Council for the Social Studies Fall Conference is a one day professional development opportunity for all teachers of any of the social studies subjects.
Attend the Fall Conference in Tacoma, WA! A box lunch, one year of membership in WSCSS, and 6 clock hours are provided with this registration.
Regular registration for the fall conference will open this August.
- Registration for educators is $70 before the registration deadline of October 2nd.
- Presenters and pre-service teachers pay just $30!
- This year we are offering a group rate for groups of 4+ teachers from the same district. Register at the group rate to save $10 per person on your registration while brainstorming great ideas with your colleagues! If you are registering yourself as part of a group, simply list the names of your group members in the space provided in the registration form.
- Online registration for the fall conference is a two-step process. First, click the 'register' button on this page and fill out the registration form. Then, click on the 'shopping cart' icon to complete check-out.
- If you are registering on behalf of multiple people, fill out a separate registration form for each person and then proceed to the check-out step. You will be able to pay for all registrations with one transaction.
- If the conference is not sold out, you can register on the day of the conference for $80, but lunch will not be included.
If you have any registration questions or concerns including cancellation, please contact Mary Barnes at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exhibitor Registration - OPENING IN AUGUST
Meet and interact with some of the most involved and dedicated Social Studies teachers in the state! Your registration will provide you with a table and green tablecloth for your use during the day, one participant lunch, WiFi access, and a Social Media post to reach out to our full membership.
Exhibitor Registration will open this August
Meet with the most connected and involved Social Studies teachers from across Washington State. We'll provide you a table to set up, time in the schedule for attendees to visit you, a shout out and link to your group from our social media platform, and a lunch for your exhibitor. Reserve a four foot table for just $125, or a full eight foot table for $200.
If you can't make it to the conference, consider having your flyer stuffed in the program folders or build name recognition by sponsoring the morning coffee and bagels!
If you are exhibiting at the conference, feel free to begin setting up your table at 7AM (One hour before the conference starts). Please be sure to pack your own extension cords if you require power.
Please direct all questions about exhibitor registration to Jennifer Ligot at email@example.com
2017 Keynote Speakers: UW Professors Carl Bergstrom and Jevin West!
This fall, meet with other Social Studies educators, future educators, university faculty, and staff at the Fall WSCSS Conference. Attend great sessions focused on current methods and the latest content by some of the best teachers from around the state.
Start the day with a bang with old colleagues and new friends, learning about ways of teaching students to ferret out the truth with our 2017 keynote speakers, UW Professors Carl Bergstrom and Jevin West as they share their thoughts on Calling BS in the age of Big Data!
The 2017 Program and Session Documents
Scaffolds for discussion, The origins of race based immigration law in Chinese Exclusion, how to design student centered inquiry in the age of alternative facts, how to connect historical thinking with social action, and so much more! The 2017 program has been worth the wait! Check out the sessions for the 2017 WSCSS Fall Conference. Also, check back later to download documents from the sessions you attended.